Join us on an unforgettable trip to the Holy Land. See the Land of the Bible. Walk on the stones that Jesus walked on. And mingle with the people who live every day surrounded by thousands of years of history.
About the Trip
Experience the Ancient and Modern Day Israel
You’ll walk where Jesus walked and see where He lived and ministered 2,000 years ago. But we will also be experiencing life in the land of Israel. Visiting a combination of ancient Biblical locations and modern conversations not only makes the Bible come alive, but also gives a glimpse into the ongoing work of God in the Holy Land.
Meet Local Israelis
You’ll get to meet local Jewish and Arab residents and hear their stories.
Travel With a Small Group
It’s a lot of fun traveling with a smaller group of people, rather than with a huge group. This allows us to be nimble, and to eat at “normal” restaurants (instead of big tourist restaurants that cater to busloads of people).
Experiences In Our Tour Itinerary
Please note this itinerary is subject to change, sometimes a few adjustments are needed to the final itinerary.
- Caesarea Maritima: Beautiful Roman ruins, where Cornelius lived
- See the ancient Roman water aqueduct on the beach
- Visit a Druze village
- Mt. Carmel – Elijah vs. Priests of Baal
- Drive through Jezreel Valley
Nazareth — The Word Became Flesh and Dwelled Among Us
- Nazareth Village – a delightful recreation of a Galilean Jewish village in the time of Jesus
- Visit the House of Light, a ministry in Shefa-Amr
- Mt. Precipice – rejection of Jesus by his hometown
- Visit a church service at a local church and meet local Christian believers
Sea of Galilee — Becoming a Disciple of Jesus
- Take in the view from Mt. Arbel overlooking the Sea of Galilee region
- Walk on the Mt. of Beatitudes
- Visit Capernaum – on the shore of the Sea of Galilee, this fishing town was the headquarters of Jesus’ public ministry
- Dine on St. Peter’s Fish for lunch
- Take a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee
Jordan Valley & Jericho — The Ministry of John the Baptist
- Bethany Beyond the Jordan – the Jordan River baptism site of John the Baptist, also known as Qasr el Yahud – the crossing point of Joshua & Israelites into the Promised Land.
- Visit Beit Shean, an extensive archeological site revealing well-preserved ruins from this ancient city
Judean Desert — The Desert As a Refuge
- Drive into the Judean Desert to Masada – hike up to the fortress (optional) or take a cable car to the top
- Ein Gedi – where David hid from Saul – hike to the waterfall and beyond (optional)
- See the Qumran Caves – where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered
- Enjoy floating on the Dead Sea, or taking in the sun on the beach
Jerusalem — The Holy City
- Visit the Mount of Olives
- Walk in the Garden of Gethsemane and visit the Church of Agony (Church of all Nations)
- Kotel Tunnel Tour – learn about the construction of the Temple Mount and see the ancient stones up close
- Enjoy a traditional Shabbat dinner with a Jewish family
- “Pools of Bethesda” where Jesus healed a paralytic
- Antonia Fortress (Praetorian) where Jesus stood before Pontius Pilate
- Walk part of the Via Dolorosa – the path Jesus walked towards the cross
- Walk on the Southern Steps and learn about the Jewish pilgrimage to the temple in the 1st century
- Visit the Western Wall – a moving experience
Bethlehem — From Here, Salvation Came
- See the Shepherds’ Fields
- Visit the Church of the Nativity
- Witness the security check points in this area that separate the Jewish and Arab populations
Jerusalem — Exploring the Ancient City
- Early morning visit to the Temple Mount (if security conditions permit)
- Visit the Garden Tomb
- Explore the Jewish Quarter of the Old City
- See the City of David & walk through Hezekiah’s Tunnel (optional, but so fun!)
- See the Pool of Siloam and walk up the Herodian Street to the base of Temple Mount
- Visit the Israel Museum – an astounding collection of artifacts, including the Dead Sea Scrolls
- 12 days, including travel
- March 2024 (precise dates to be determined soon)
- Expert local guides with over 20 years of professional guiding experience
- Opportunity to meet and mingle with local Jewish and Arab believers
- Transportation in Israel by private chartered van
- Excellent hotels included
- Breakfasts and dinners included
- Entrances to historical sites included
- Airfare from Chicago included
- Cost: TBD
- This price is based on two people sharing a hotel room. If you prefer to have a single room, let me know. Cost: TBD
- If you are traveling alone but would prefer to share a room with a roommate, let me know. I can often pair you up with another traveler of the same gender who is also traveling alone.
Why am I organizing this trip?
Israel is a must-see. I lived there in 2002-2003 while volunteering for a Christian ministry in the Galilee, close to Nazareth. Since then I’ve organized several trips there, taking a small group each time.
You’ll get to see the country up close, meet my friends, taste the food, and experience life in the Holy Land in a way that most people would never have the chance to. You’re going to love it. Join us!
Let Me Know You’re Interested
© 2022 Ethan Anderson