As followers of Jesus, I believe we have a big opportunity to show Christ’s love, especially during times of division and strife, like election season!
The Bible has a lot to say about getting along with other people.
And, importantly, how to treat people with whom we disagree.
As Christians, we are to:
- Love our neighbor. (Neighbor = everyone.) Mark 12
- Love our enemies. Luke 6
- Do good to those who hate us. Luke 6
- Not be surprised if the world hate us. 1 John 3
- Pray for those who persecute us. Matthew 5
- Give food and drink to our enemy if they need it. Proverbs 25
- Not rejoice when our enemy falls. Proverbs 24
- Bless those who curse us. Romans 12
- Bless, when reviled. 1 Corinthians 4
This is a huge opportunity for Jesus-followers!
There is so much strife during election season. But we are different than the rest of the world!
When reviled, we bless.
Let’s take election season as a chance to show the world a better way.