Something I need to learn to do in my life: make faster decisions.
How can I do this? Here are some things that I’m learning:
- Don’t wait for explicit “permission” from God, just do what I think is right. His Spirit is in me. He’s given me a good mind. I have His heart. “Love God and do as you please” is a phrase that I’ve heard that can help people like me who have a hard time trusting our intuition.
- Be filled with the Spirit.
- I hear God’s voice best when I’m filled with the Spirit.
- I have confidence in my decisions when I’m filled with the Spirit.
- When I’m filled, I find it easier to resist temptation.
- Be okay with making some mistakes. It’s all part of the process.
- Don’t be afraid. Fear of making a mistake holds me back. Fear of committing to a decision.
Some of the reasons I don’t make fast decisions come from my personality type, and I need to learn more about this and try to learn how to speed up my decisions.
See also this article about Fast Leadership based on Romans 12:8.